Deutsch Intern
    Press and Public Relations Office

    Neubaukirche

    When the catholic prince-bishop Julius Echter von Mespelbrunn founded the University of Würzburg in 1582, he added a university church. Today, the church is no longer used for church service but as a ballroom for university parties, concerts and conferences. With 91 metres, the tower of Neubaukirche (English: newly built church) is the highest in Würzburg.

    In 2005, a carillon was installed in the tower which is found in few other universities in Europe. Regular carillon concerts are given from May to December and are open to the public.

    More informations


    Please note that using the photos is only allowed for coverage about the University of Würzburg. Also, you have to cite the source as "photo: University of Würzburg" or quote the photographer's name where available.

    Click the images to show a magnified view. Right-click the picture and select:

    • "Save Image As" (Mozilla Firefox)
    • "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer)

    Then select the corresponding folder in which to save the photo.

    Contact

    Universität Würzburg
    Sanderring 2
    97070 Würzburg

    Phone: +49 931 31-0
    Fax: +49 931 31-82600

    Find Contact

    Sanderring Röntgenring Hubland Nord Hubland Süd Campus Medizin